The event planners in NYC know this is where important business deals are made and finalized and family functions are celebrated.
If you’re a seasoned host or newbie planning an event for the first time here are a few tips.
Why do You Want to Host an Event?
* Why do you need an event planner?
* What type of services do you need?
* Do you need help with invitations, entertainment, and a venue to hold the event?
How Much are You Willing to Spend?
Having funds to cover boxed wine with a spout will not provide an open bar with Johnnie Walker Blue Scotch or a glasses of Louis Roederer Cristal 2004 Rosé champagne.
* Plan a budget to match the type of event you want to host.
* You should have a surplus of funds in case you go over budget.
How to Find an Event Planner
This is the era of communicating through social media. But don’t forget to use the art of word-of-mouth. It’s still a powerful source.
* Call a four and five-star hotel sales department and ask for recommendations for reputable sources.
* The National Association of Catering Executives and the International Special Events Society for the type of event you want to host.
* Event planners are members of the visitors’ bureau, convention centers, and the local chamber of commerce.
Schedule a Meeting With Your Planners trough Video Conferencing or in Person
* Ask questions about their experience with your type of event.
* Do they have a portfolio ready to show you past events of your chosen theme.
* Can they handle unforeseen incidents?
* Listen to what the event planner has to say.
* You can gauge their professionalism with a meeting.
In October 2010 Jessica Boskoff launched Twenty Three Layers. She has honed her event planning skills for more than ten years working in the and hospitality and luxury concierge industries.
Twenty Three Layers has built a stellar brand and establishes new trends with their imaginative ideas. The company has a wealth of resources at their fingertips to meet the client’s needs. This is the way event planning companies in NYC operate. They have the desire and the drive to please you and your guests.